SAFE MODE Problem

SAFE MODE Problem

by Scott Ellis -
Number of replies: 0

First, what is the latest word on the SAFE MODE Uploading and Reading Files problem and workarounds and /or fixes?

I have been reading as much as I can about the SAFE MODE problem and it seems as though I have the same old problem with SAFE MODE and my host provider (My web hosting service is reluctant to relax the permissions).

Secondly, as Ive been playing around and I noticed an interesting twist that makes we wonder.

I am trying to upload resource files for the students to use.

When I upload it I get:

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 30391 is not allowed to access /var/www/virtuals/s/ellis2020.org/htdocs/moodle/moodledata/2//emgr05un09.pdf owned by uid 33 in /var/www/virtuals/s/ellis2020.org/htdocs/moodle/mod/resource/coursefiles.php on line 133
Uploaded emgr05un09.pdf (application/pdf) to /

This looks like it didnt upload or some other major problem. The funny thing is that it did upload and I can see it in my file list. I just cant read it.

When I go to read it (by clicking on it) I get: 

I wanted to see if I could access it outside of Moodle, like with a browser. Sure enough I put in the URL and it appeared  no problem. 

My question is  If I CAN upload a file; I can view the file in a browser, why cant I use moodle to do this?
Average of ratings: -