moblog moodle .a GSOC proposal

moblog moodle .a GSOC proposal

by Rossi Kamal -
Number of replies: 3

I am a student from Dhaka University computer science & engineering - wish to contribute to the moodle applying my web 2.0 experience to make moodle accessible for mobile users ...its my GSOC proposal

With its easy,user friendly interface it could be a better choice for moblog server side implementation

We can develope a moodle moblog version.it can be considered as a new theme for moodle .which should consider the following important issues of limited device's limitations as

-memory shortage ,limited bandwidth,screen-size

The moblog moodle will consist of the following

A. user blog interfaceB.News fetcher

C.user favourites (like digg it option)

D.Notebook

E.Remainder

F.News fetcher

G.Download upload & play ringtones & songs

H.Fetcher for hi5 facebook orkut (this will include the latest blog entry ,messages come ,friends added or the notification of those)

I.Weather fetcher

Rossi Kamal

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rossi Kamal

Re: moblog moodle .a GSOC proposal

by A. T. Wyatt -
Greetings, Rossi!

I find H to be very interesting. Do you have it in your plan to push moodle updates/feeds TO facebook? Or just from?

I guess the reason I ask is because Blackboard has recently introduced a new building block that interfaces with Facebook. I got the impression from reading the news release that it pushes most of the information found on the "my moodle" page TO facebook instead of importing from Facebook to Moodle.

Good ideas here!
atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Rossi Kamal -

Hello Wyatt

my plan includes import from facebook & the rest i mentioned . Yes.your suggestion is also a mentionable one..To export moodle to facebook there should be a facebook api to support that also..  I m thinking to make moodle as much interactive & efficient for the mobile moodle client..

looking for more nice proposals like this

Rossi

In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Rossi Kamal -

Hello Wyatt

I would like to apply formally..in these days i have gone thrugh relative studies & have already started to code...with aim to make moblog moodle efficient and accessible for limited devices

Rossi