Certificate dependent activities

Certificate dependent activities

by Alistair McQuade -
Number of replies: 7

I have just upgraded to Moodle 1.8.4+ and the certificate module is working well. However, in the locking options section, dependent activities, I can not make a Hot Potatoes quiz appear as a linked activity. Normal quizes and feedback work finr, please see attached. I want the certificate to be dependent upon the hot potatoes quiz. This was possible in 1.6 with activity locking. Any help really appreciated.

smile

Al

Attachment certlock.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alistair McQuade

Re: Certificate dependent activities

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Sorry Al, certificate locking is not coded for hot pot.
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Alistair McQuade -

Not to worry Chardelle, thanks for letting me know! Thanks a million for all your hard work, the module is really working well.

Hope this finds you well.

smile

Al

Re: Certificate HotPot Dependent Activities

by jon galt -

Greetings smile

Could you please give me some hints on how to modify locallib.php of the Certificate module in order to select HotPot (hotpotatoes) Quizzes as dependent activities? I have been able to automate the creation of HotPot quizzes, but need them to be required before printing a certificate.

Thank you very much for your help.

-HappyOtter

by jon galt -

Greetings Again Chardelle,

It might be more useful to ask about QuizPort instead of HotPot. If you only have time to answer 1, then please answer how QuizPort can be used with Certificate as a dependent activity. Specifically, what needs to be modified inside lib.php... I am hacking away now without much knowledge but lots of hope smile

-HappyOtter

by jon galt -

in addition to defining/inputting $hotpotid, around line 1580 of lib.php I added the lines below... Can you see the logic error? It might be with 5th line at $hotpot->grade (there is a table hotpot_attempts with field Score and funtion hotpot_get_grades is returning an array to top score I think)

} else if ($cm->module == $hotpotid) {
require_once($CFG->dirroot.'/mod/hotpot/lib.php');
$hotpot = get_record('hotpot', 'id', $cm->instance);
$score = hotpot_get_grades($hotpot, $userid);
$grade = (int)(((float)$score / (float)$hotpot->grade) * 100.0);
return ($grade >= (int)$activity->linkgrade);

In reply to jon galt

by Paul Drayton -

Any luck with that hotpot Jon?

I have the same issue with a forum rating showing up in the gradebook, but not in the linked activities of the certificate.

Hopefully your hack can be cross pollinated to the forum module if you get it working in the hotpot.

Paul