E-learning ontology and tagging system in moodle

E-learning ontology and tagging system in moodle

by Iyad Doush -
Number of replies: 10
I'm interested in adding e-learning ontology (using OWL) into Moodle, also I plan to extend the use of the tagging into the resources and activities in Moodle.

I already checked the developer documentation in order to understand how to code in moodle and what is the dependency between the files. But I still couldn't know how to start coding my ideas.

Also, I already read and implement the steps in "A Step-by-step Guide To Creating Blocks".

Can anybody tell me how the tag block works, or what files I need to explore in order to understand that?

Thanks,

Iyad
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Iyad Doush

Re: E-learning ontology and tagging system in moodle

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Basically you would implement your own text field where people type in tags as a comma-separated string, and then call the tag_set() or tag_get() family of functions in /tag/lib.php.
In reply to Iyad Doush

by Biswanath Dutta -

@ Iyad

What is your work progress? Did you do anythingh on ontology with moodle?

Regards,
Bisu
In reply to Biswanath Dutta

by Iyad Doush -
I already finished building the main classes for Moodle components (Quizzes, Assignments, ...) and relationships between them using OWL. But I'm still in the process of refining.

Do you work on similar project?

Regards,

Iyad
In reply to Iyad Doush

by Biswanath Dutta -

@ Iyad,
yaa, I am also doing the similar kind of project. I am interested to see your work (if you don't mind). Before doing the same thing (reinventing) I would like to see. Can you please send me your system? So that I can look onto that.

Regards,
Biswanath
In reply to Biswanath Dutta

by Lígia Coe Girão Rios -
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a plugin for moodle to support the creation of a domain ontology based on the course contents in order to improve information search in Moodle.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ligia Coe

In reply to Lígia Coe Girão Rios

Απάντηση: Re: E-learning ontology and tagging system in moodle

by Marigianna Skouradaki -

hi,

i will be developing a domain specific ontology to characterize moodle resources (courses, quizes etc)

do you now if there is any way to tag the resources automatically via parsing the ontology instances (provided that urls are given)?

In reply to Marigianna Skouradaki

Re: Απάντηση: Re: E-learning ontology and tagging system in moodle

by Shiblee Shiblee -

I am also working on domain ontology.. can we discuss abt this

In reply to Shiblee Shiblee

by sibangiso ngwenya -

I am developing a general e-learning ontology for e-learning systems. Assist  please

In reply to sibangiso ngwenya

by tamer yousry -

i am also  developing a general e-learning ontology for e-learning systems

we can help each other

In reply to Shiblee Shiblee

by tamer yousry -

we can make a group and working together in this