Edit a post without changing the time?

Edit a post without changing the time?

by Scott Bartley -
Number of replies: 2
Is this possible? We would like to do this for the purpose of editing typos. Generally the edited post has already attracted some replies. Changing the time stamp throws off the flow of the conversation.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Bartley

Re: Edit a post without changing the time?

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi Scott,

Not currently and I would hope that it stays that way.... I feel that updating of the time stamp is an important way to build confidence that a post can't be changed (from within Moodle) without there being any trace. Could you just leave a short note to give the details of the reason for the time change?

If you have access to the database you could change the post there without leaving a trace.

In reply to Ray Lawrence

Re: Edit a post without changing the time?

by Scott Bartley -

Well, like I said before this would be only to fix typos. Only the admin and a couple other users would need this.

I do have access to the database, but I'm all thumbs when it comes to MySQL. Once upon a time I tried installing PHPMyAdmin, but it never really got off the ground.

Also, our IT guy won't let us install aspell, so there are a lot of typos. He said it's aspell is a security risk. We're using a Windows 2000 server.