Default language for the site

Default language for the site

by Juan Miguel Méndez Carrera -
Number of replies: 4
I've been using Moodle for many years in 1.5 and 1.6 versions. I've recently installed 1.8 version and I established Spanish as the preferred language for the site, and it worked OK. When I log out from the site it appears IN ENGLISH!!! It also happens when no user is logged in, the site is completely IN ENGLISH

In both cases, it 's possible to change the language from the menu, but this wasn't happened in earlier versions of Moodle.

Can anybody help me???

Juan Miguel
Veracruz, MÉXICO
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Miguel Méndez Carrera

Re: Default language for the site

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Juan,
AFAIK Moodle 1.8 automatically chooses language preferred by your browser. This feature may be disabled in 1.9. Try to find out the settings of your browser.

hth
In reply to David Mudrák

by Ilias Vassilopoulos -

Yes but is there a way to disable it in version 1.8 ..?
That's what I'm trying to figure out...

In reply to Ilias Vassilopoulos

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
No, the ability to disable it is an added feature in 1.9. You might find the bug in the bug tracker and the according CVS-comits to see how it's done...