Please help a novice! Used override to allow teachers to take quizzes

Please help a novice! Used override to allow teachers to take quizzes

by Cheryl Young -
Number of replies: 4
Dear all,

Please help a novice!

I have version 1.8.3.

I want teachers in a particular course to be able to take quizzes in that course. I created a new user, gave her teacher status, and I used the "override" feature to change mod/quiz:attempt to "allow" for teachers in that course.

She can't take the quiz. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Cheryl
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cheryl Young

Re: Please help a novice! Used override to allow teachers to take quizzes

by Steve Hyndman -

The first thing you are doing wrong is using roles.

Create a second account for those teachers and enroll them as students.

Steve

In reply to Cheryl Young

by John Isner -
Quiz currrently can allow either preview or attempt, but not both. If the user is allowed to do both, Quiz defaults to preview. It's a bug in Quiz, not roles. See MDL-13208.

My advice would be slightly different from Steve's. First, I would continue to use roles smile Second, I would set up a separate course for teachers. You can use it not just for the quiz, but for other teacher-related resources and activities.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Isner

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes, you need to override the teacher role to both allow quiz:attempt, but also remove quiz:preview. For various reasons this is not easy to fix in the quiz yet. I need to do some other changes first to clean up the code flow, then it will be fixable.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Cheryl Young -
Hi Tim,

By "remove quiz: preview," I assume you meant that I should set "mod/quiz:preview" to "prevent."

That's what I did, and the teacher can now take a quiz.

Many thanks!!!

Cheryl