New Moodle host

New Moodle host

by Owen James -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Martin,

I was wondering if you could supply the details of the company now hosting Moodle.

I think think the server I am currently using for Moodle may not be powerful enough as demands continue to grow and I need to find it a new home. 

Best regards,

Owen

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Owen James

Re: New Moodle host

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Currently I'm using www.phpwebhosting.com and it's going well. Occasionally, like today, this site is unavailable because some other site on the same server is choking the CPUs, but otherwise it's been very good and I recommend it.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Roger Karraker -
Martin, let's suppose I wanted to have phpwebhosting host my (theoretical) Moodle forum. I'm NOT a php/SQL guy. Are they prepared to do an installation and startup and then let me do settings, etc.?
In reply to Roger Karraker

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Installation is not very hard (much easier than comparable packages) - there is a walkthrough of the instructions in the docs http://moodle.org/doc/ . I realise this may still seem a little daunting if you aren't used to Unix etc.

phpwebhosting.com won't do the installation for you, but I've done it for quite a few people on their servers (my usual fee is US$50, or 50 euros, via Paypal). Contact me via email if you want to discuss this further.

Alternatively, you could consider this host, who know about Moodle and will install it for you: http://www.opensourcehost.com/ as part of a new account.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Owen James -

Cheers Martin,

Thank you for the information, I will look into it.