wiki-pain pending change

wiki-pain pending change

by Marc Grober -
Number of replies: 1
While I appreciate the need to focus on the change to a new wiki (is it Nwiki now?) pending resolution of the install frustration apparent in recent posting and confirmation that install of Nwiki to 1.8.2 will not create issues with upgrades to 1.9 or 2, I would like to be able to use the existing wiki and I am having problems with square brackets.

Use of dragmath for a cube root (let's say $$root 3 {2x^2+ab}$$) produces an equation that includes square brackets.... and while my usage of dragmath suggests that there are substantial issues with the text expressions it produces, there should be some way to avoid ewikis interpretation of square brackets pagelinks, especially as square brackets have such broad other uses....

I have been unable to find much in the way of discussion of this issue here and the few references to the markup s for the old wiki seem to point to now empty resources......

Is there some help? If moodle is to be able to host work in the sciences we will need a display technology and math editor that works in the forum, wiki and journal. WHile ASCIIMathML seems to be a wonderful display tool, unlike the versions of htmlarea or xinha that were written with it, dragmath seems to run afoul of quite a bit, and I think it is very important that version 2 resolve some of these issues....
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marc Grober

Re: wiki-pain pending change

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Marc,

that's really a very interesting use-case. Could you, please, add it to the Tracker (related to the wiki module and providing all the needed info to reproduce it) ?

That way, once the work on nwiki will start, that issue will bright like a candle (how poet I'm today clown ).

TIA and ciao smile