Quiz are used to grade students and the results as to be 100% certified. The questions should not changed and their results sould always be available. Actually there in no more "versioning" i.e the actual question used was stored. on Moodle, so to maintain the quiz integrity we could set the following constraint in question handling.
When a quiz is started and there is a first attempt from a student we should not allow any question changes.
- If there is an error, a new quiz should be composed so we need a quiz save as new function or at least an easy way to tranfer questions between the existing quiz and the new one.
- save as a new question should be the only option for any question already used in a quiz.
- We should not allow moving or deleting of questions if there is a random question in a category or a random as match.
- Cloze questions and other multiquestion types that have subquestions should be moved to other category with their subquestions so that their subquestions does not appears as old question, question used in a quiz if the user want to delete the category.
- the quesiton edit buttons in the quiz display should not appear after the quiz is started
These constraints are easier to implement than the versioning and they could be merged to 1.9 giving more stability to this version.