1.9 How to reflect missing gradebook entry to grades?

1.9 How to reflect missing gradebook entry to grades?

by Shin Okada -
Number of replies: 3
In 1.9 help in grade says the following.

-----------------------------
Important
: An empty grade is simply a missing gradebook entry, and could mean different things. For example, it could be a participant who hasn't yet submitted an assignment, an assignment submission not yet graded by the teacher, or a grade that has been manually deleted by the gradebook administrator. Caution in interpreting these "empty grades" is thus advised.
---------------------------

In my case usually missing grades in quizes are students faults. So I want to reflect to the grade. In 1.8 it automatically becomes 0, but in 1.9 it takes average of numbers displayed.

How can I set up 1.9 so that missing grade in some categories means zero?
In reply to Shin Okada

Re: 1.9 How to reflect missing gradebook entry to grades?

by Jay Melton -
Hey Elvis,

I'm working to get a handle on the new gradebook, too. It looks like we're going to have a lot more flexibility.

Here's what I have done to make a missing grade a missing grade. On the main page of moodle, I selected Grades/Grade category settings. The third choice on that page is "Aggregate only non-empty grades" and the default is "Default: Yes, Advanced." I changed that to "No." As I understand it, this will count all the grades just as they are.

Jay

In reply to Jay Melton

Re: 1.9 How to reflect missing gradebook entry to grades?

by Shin Okada -
Thanks Jay.

I did not know there are new Grades tabs in the admin area.

This solve one problem but it created two more problems for me.
1. I made a new thread for this. But 1.9 does not give grade exception as 1.8 gives. I need this function, since I have two levels of student in one course.

2. I am not able to find course grading setting. I found grades letters under admin>grades>Letters. But it seems this will set for all the courses in the site. Where can I find the grades letters setting within the course?