Installation help

Picture of Henk Wevers
Include problems in PHP after fresh installing 1.9

Often moodle shows empty pages (mostly after posting a form);
Aftre setting debug mode on I can see the problem is in including files from another php file. The problem is not consistent, a retry sometimes helps. See below for the (fatal) error message. Any suggestions? Oh, the path to formslib.php is OK. I'm worried about the ".:" include path.

Warning
: require_once(HTML/QuickForm.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/mijnbreincoach.nl/subdomains/campus/httpdocs/lib/formslib.php on line 25

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'HTML/QuickForm.php' (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/mijnbreincoach.nl/subdomains/campus/httpdocs/lib/formslib.php on line 25

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Theo Kiers
Re: Include problems in PHP after fresh installing 1.9

Hi Henk,

A fellow country man with the same problem here. When I try to reply to a forum post or open an new thread I get a blank page.

Debug shows the same lines as the one in your post. I think this started happening to me after my host switched to PHP5.

I also experience a lot of trouble trying to upgrade another well know open source program OpenAds/OpenX. Same thing happened there trying to install. Blank pages. Couple of retries and success, couple of retries etc.

In formlib.php on line 24 I see mention of 'pear libs'. As it happens that is what is mentioned in the OpenX forum:

'From your error message, it seems that OpenX is having a problem communicating with the Pear folder (a folder of PHP libraries). OpenX comes with a bundled version of Pear, and it seems that your server already has some pear files installed at /usr/share/pear'

and

'My main bet is that it has to do with 'open_basedir'. '

Here is the complete url to that thread for those who are more technically inclined than I am:

http://forum.openx.org/index.php?s=178e50fdbb97f1bfaa3a325304acbae1&showtopic=503417804&pid=56429&st=0&#entry56429

Hope this will help solving this issue along.

Regards,

Theo

Picture of Henk Wevers

Dank je, thanks!

It has nothing to do with the version of PHP, because everything was working smoothly a week or so ago. After a request to add XMLRPC tot PHP the problem showed up. If there is a relation, or something else was changed, I don't know. I filed a ticket and spoke to my hosts helpdesk. They will look at the problem and if they can't find anything, they revert the addition of XMLRPC.
Will let you know if things are running again. Glad to know it is not something I did by accident (reinstalled moodle, made alll setup files from scratch, no chages, the problem persisted).
Henk

Picture of Henk Wevers

Problem solved. Got the following answer from the helpdesk:
===============================================
Omschrijving:
Beste Henk,
Ik heb de openbase dir ristrictie uitgezet, zo te zien is de error verdwenen.
Kijk het even aan.
Mvg
Support
===============================================

english: Problem solved by disabling the openbase dir restriction.

Henk

Picture of Theo Kiers

Great. I'll let my host know. Let's see what happens.

Theo