Absolute page references gone after editing Branch Table page

Absolute page references gone after editing Branch Table page

by Susan Shangle -
Number of replies: 1
It appears that when I edit a Branch table page and save it that all of my links suddenly turn to relative (next page, this page etc) links.
When I first create a branch page it includes all the absolute links (other page name titles) in the drop down box.
Other than recreating the page- what can I do?
Thanks
Susan
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susan Shangle

Re: Absolute page references gone after editing Branch Table page

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Susan,
Let me guess, this does not happen for every absolute link. If you put an absolute link in the first choice or second choice, that will hold. If those links works, then here is what to do. Go to Lesson Settings and make sure the max number of branches/answers is set to something higher than 2 or 4 (the default).

Once upon a time, when the MoodleLight could not reach my bald head because I had more hair, I ran into this problem. I had successfully created several 8 and 10 branch selections in my lesson, then I went to add more question pages. However, for editing speed , I would reduced this setting to 4 since that was the max number of most of my M/C answers. Naturally, I would forget and then start cursing Moodle when I was trying to edit the 5th jump and it would not take. There were my 8 absolute links but I could not change them. As soon as I changed the lesson setting to 10 again, I could edit the jumps and they would hold. Then I would go back and switch it back to 4 and forget about it until the next time my stupid Lesson would not work.big grin This setting does not impact the student view, only the edit views.

The "new" collapsed and expanded lesson edit mode views made me forget all about that trick and potential problem. Thanks for the pleasant memories.

Best Chris