Coding forum moderation

Coding forum moderation

by Tia J -
Number of replies: 3
In a couple of months I will need to write the code to allow moderation on the forum where a teacher will approve the post before it appears.

IF this is already a feature, please let me know. I just haven't seen it or anything similar for the forum.

IF this isn't... I'm not to familiar with the forum moderation code itself or the database. I am a PHP programmer, so I'm familiar with that and OOP. In regards to the database and the code itself, is there anyone who could possibly give me an idea of what files, tables I would need to edit to set this up efficiently?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tia J

Re: Coding forum moderation

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'm not aware of a way to do this, but I would consider using ratings. If a teacher rates a post, then it is considered approved. If it has a rating of 0 or is unrated then it is not approved. The problem you may run into is how do you want to handle nesting. If a parent post is not rated then even the rated/approved children would not be displayed (to avoid orphans). But it should not be too difficult to check the teacher ratings. Of course this could be complicated somewhat in scenarios where there are multiple teachers. I would encourage you to continue to spec. out exactly how you want this to work in various scenarios. You will want to start by looking in the major forum pages like /mod/forum/discuss.php and /mod/forum/lib.php. Best of luck in getting this to work the way you want hopefully without too much changes to code. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Tia J

Re: Coding forum moderation

by Ali Hastie -

Hi

We plan to create an area (course) for our students committee where we will hopefully include a forum for student reps (new Moodle role) to post student committee news and minutes of meetings etc. Within this forum i have the thinking that normal students postings would need peer reviewed before finally releasing to the student committee forum.

Did you complete this code for forum moderation?

Has anyone else carried this scenario out?

We are using Moodle v1.9.1

Ali.