Gradebook Plus V2 (Moodle 1.8) multilevel categories?

Gradebook Plus V2 (Moodle 1.8) multilevel categories?

by Vedran Mušica -
Number of replies: 7
Is it somehow possible to create multilevel categories in gradebook plus? It is one request for me, and I don't know how to make them.

If not yet implemented, can someone consider that (I would like to do that, but I'm not good with OO programming...)? Something like categories for questions (original Moodle part)...

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Vedran Mušica
In reply to Vedran Mušica

Re: Gradebook Plus V2 (Moodle 1.8) multilevel categories?

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Vedran - Off the top of my head, I'm not sure and would have to give it a try but suspect not. More and more I suspect my answer to these types of questions/requests is going to be Moodle 1.9. You may want to consider upgrading to that as there are many improvements to the gradebook. Let me know if you need help moving the 1.8 GBPv2 data to 1.9. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Vedran Mušica -
Hi Anthony.

As soon as version 1.9 gets out of BETA status and academic year is finished, we will move to 1.9.

Thanks!

by Anthony Borrow -
Vedran - Let me know if you need help moving the data. I have not automated the process but simply had a couple SQL queries that should do the job. I am hoping that for most sites this will be sufficient. When does your academic year finish? Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Vedran Mušica -
It should finish June 30th.

Thanks for help smile

by Vedran Mušica -
I found out that we will stay on 1.8.x for some time, so expansion of gradebook if it is possible would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Vedran Mušica

by Anthony Borrow -
Vedran - Most of the development attention is currently on 1.9 and beyond. I will do what I can with GBPv2 patch and the Moodle 1.8 gradebook (core); however, with full time studies my time is very limited. Feel free to add a feature request to the tracker describing exactly what it is that you hope for and how it would be helpful and I will give it full consideration; however, in all honesty it simply may not happen as I'm hoping that Moodle 1.9 makes the GBPv2 patch obsolete. Of course if you find someone to provide a patch, I would be willing to evaluate it and consider it for inclusion. Peace - Anthony