Evaluation of responses by question category

Evaluation of responses by question category

by Christian Eckhardt -
Number of replies: 2
The quiz module allows to order questions by categories and to add a random number of questions of a category to a quiz. I'd like to know if there is any way to evaluate the questions by question category.

My English grammar placement test contains questions from various categories and I want to see in which category my students need revision most.

At the moment I have just split the quiz into separate quizzes for each category. However, I think mixing them all would yield more reliable results. It would also allow more more subcategories for more detailed analysis.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christian Eckhardt

Re: Evaluation of responses by question category

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
This is something that has been asked for before, and I think it is a good idea. However doing it would be a lot of work, so it is not going to happen any time soon.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Svar: Re: Evaluation of responses by question category

by Tomas Rehnfors -

Hi Tim!

Do you know if anything has been done for the question of evaluating quiz results from question categorys yet?

I have the a case where we want to link questions to a area of competence when evaluating results.

Is there perhaps an other way of doing that witout using question categories?