Multiple Course ID numbers

Multiple Course ID numbers

by Owen Mathias -
Number of replies: 1

We are currently using LDAP for authentication and the course id number in order to automatically bring courses intro users' MyMoodle and MyCourses area. Some of our courses are listed with multiple ID numbers on our external systems and so it woudl be ideal if we could enter multiple Course ID numbers into the course settings.

An example might be a course that runs during the day or during the evening; it would have two course ID numbers on our external system, yet it only appears possible to enter one into 'Course ID number' on Moodle.

I have tried comma separating them, but that doesn't work. Any other ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Owen Mathias

Re: Multiple Course ID numbers

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

As far as I know, there is no way to assign multiple ID numbers to courses. They are supposed to be unique (that's why there are the ID of the course smile)

In this particular case, I would probably use a meta-course where I'd put the real course contents, and enrol the external courses (with their different IDs) into this meta-course.

Saludos. Iñaki.