Need Help with Certificate Module

Need Help with Certificate Module

by Nicole Marcisz -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

Can some kind soul help me get the certificate module to do what I want it to do? I can't even figure out the basics. The one page documentation on it makes no sense to me. I'm a new Moodle user and I have been stuggling on my own to build a course, I have no tech support.

I believe I have Moodle version 1.83 installed. I have the certificate module installed. If there are multiple versions of that module, I couldn't tell you which one I have installed.

Here's the scenario. I have seven content topics in this course, each one has a posttest. I want it so the learner has to score 80% or better on each posttest to get a certificate at the end.

(I also wanted to be able to hide next lesson until the user took the posttest after each lesson but I gave up on that activity locking module a while ago)

Thanks,

Nicole

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nicole Marcisz

Re: Need Help with Certificate Module

by Brian Schmidt -
Hi Nicole,

If you're running 1.8.3, you need to visit the Certificate page at http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=683 and be sure to download the one that says it's for Moodle 1.8.

Once you have that set up, you can base the issuing of a certificate on a particular grade reached on your assignment/post test (be sure this test is set up first). In the settings, you'll see a listing of all of the activities that the certificate can be tied to (see attached), which allows you to pick a particular grade that has to be achieved before it's unlocked. It's that easy.

I can't help you on the activity locking module as I've never used it.

Brian
Attachment settings_locking.gif