No record of submitted assignments

No record of submitted assignments

by Jack Drolet -
Number of replies: 5
Hi,

I made a course in which students are enrolled as teachers (which btw I totally regret; I think I could have accomplished everything w/o the confusion this has caused). Anyway, students are supposed to upload three audio recordings for an assignment. First of all, I realized they had to switch their role to student before doing so, otherwise they didn't have the option of uploading a file. Now though, the problem is students are changing their role to student, uploading audio files, and I can't see any of them. It just says View 0 submitted files, even though multiples students have e-mailed me and told me they submitted it.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jack Drolet

Re: No record of submitted assignments

by Simon Allison -
We have the same problem..even if I upload something it says submitted 0.
In reply to Simon Allison

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Can they not be teacher AND student? Would it not work then?
In reply to Simon Allison

by Steve Hyndman -

Well, if you did the same thing as the original poster, i.e., assign students as teachers, then you are getting the same results.

In version 1.9 (haven't tested in other versions) a teacher can switch their role to student and upload an assignment. The teacher can see his/her own assignment and the assignments of any "Students" in the course; however, the teacher can't see uploaded assignments of other teachers. So, if all your students are teachers, then they will be able to switch their role to student, upload an assignment, and see their own uploaded assignments, but they won't be able to see other teacher assignment uploads...they will just see 0 assignments submitted.

Enroll "Students" in your course and then the "Teacher" should be able to see their assignments. 

Steve

In reply to Steve Hyndman

by Simon Allison -

I see what you mean steve, but my own stuff is not shown as submitted or is this limited to student submissions and only increments when a student submits.

I'll have a play around.

In reply to Steve Hyndman

by Simon Allison -

Hi Steve,

Yes it does work as suggested. Thanks for your help...but this was inside a course and I wanted to put the assignments activity on the front moodle page but doesnt seem to work correctly. Anyhow I think i'll just create a course and get them to enrol for it and then it should work.