New STABLE version of Attendance (v2.0.3)

New STABLE version of Attendance (v2.0.3)

by Dmitry Pupinin -
Number of replies: 10
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
2.0.3 - 27 jan 2008 - Dmitry Pupinin [moodle.org member]
* bug fixed: If session have apostrophes in the description it can't will be changed to "taken" (you can't lost any data but upgrading strongly recommended)
+ french language added
* bug fixed: functions for work with groups changed in Moodle 1.9

You can get latest build on Attendance's page in database "Modules and plugins":
http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=1062

Remember, you MUST install module and block together! Only in this case Attendance will work! (code rewriting not finished yet. In future it will be corrected).
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dmitry Pupinin

Re: New STABLE version of Attendance (v2.0.3)

by Shin Okada -
In order to update the current one, I just need to replace the module and the block, isn't it?
In reply to Shin Okada

by Dmitry Pupinin -
Yes. That's right!
And after it you should open admin's page.

by Richard Webb -
I downloaded the updated version for Moodle 1.8 and got my problems with session names having apostrophe's in them straightened out. But then I decided to look at what students see. They don't see the session names! All they see for a description is the default "Regular class session."

The funny thing is, that I have been spending the time to type in the name for each session (and it takes quite a while because of waiting for a web page to reload after changing the name for each session--a nifty feature would be a table where you can change a large number at once before submitting--such as you can do with grades using Gradebook Plus v2) but I had never even looked at what the students saw. Anyhow, I figure this has to be a simple bug where a variable is not being properly looked up.

Richard
In reply to Richard Webb

by Deleted user -
@Richard Webb: Did you solve the problem about the not displayed session names?

Lisa
In reply to Deleted user

by Dmitry Pupinin -
Lisa, it's fixed long time ago... wink
Just upgrade module to 2.0.4

by N Prasad -

How about adding some other features such as generating columns for each of the weeks directly into the session, for the specified date range.

by Mehwish Leghari -
Hi Dmitry
We have a problem with your attendance module. Suppose a student has attended 3 sessions out of four and the teacher has marked his/her Present for three days and nothing neither Present nor Absent for the fourth one. then the Report shows his/her attendance 100% instead of 75%.
Can u help us?

Mehwish.

by John Stinson -
i just installed the latest version of the attendance module and it is not showing up in the activities list.

i placed the "attendance" folder in the blocks folder and the "attforblock" folder in the mod folder and then i went to the notifications link in the admin section on the front page.

i do have the ability to add a block but i get a message that i need to add an activity first.

can anyone help me? how do i get attendance to show up in my activities list?

john
In reply to John Stinson

by A. T. Wyatt -
Greetings, John!

I usually create an activity for attendance and put it in the topic area of my course. Then, you can either hide it or leave it visible. It is an activity just like an assignment; when you turn editing on in your course, you will have the drop down box to add activities and resources.

Is your problem that you haven't got it installed properly, or than you did not see how to add it to your course?

atw
Attachment attendance.gif