Feedback Module: Default Course ID and Name

Feedback Module: Default Course ID and Name

by Janet Smith -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,

Has anyone succeeded in using the Feedback module to create course evaluations where the individual course ID and course name default in when the student brings up the evaluation within the course? If so, how did you do it? Did you need to modify the feedback module code?

Thanks in advance.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Janet Smith

Re: Feedback Module: Default Course ID and Name

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Janet,

can you explain it a bit more. I don't understand your question.

Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Janet Smith -

Hi,

Thanks for following up with me.  I am wondering about pre-filling the fields in my course evaluation with the Course ID and the Course Name.  The logic would basically need to look at the course the evaluation was attached to/being accessed from and then fill in the Course ID and Name from the class.  This would save the students from having to fill those in manually on the feedback form. 

Have you ever heard anyone do this?  Also, I am worried that maybe I am misunderstanding the potential of feedback.  I intend for a student to fill it out on a one form per course basis.  Is this possible?  Do I need to do something special to make this happen?

Thanks!

In reply to Janet Smith

by Marty Gilbert -
Picture of Core developers
I agree, this would be an excellent addition. Has anyone else looked into this?

I'm game for diving in, but don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone's already done it.

--Marty