Graphics uploads & opening Book in new window

Graphics uploads & opening Book in new window

by Dirk Koudstaal -
Number of replies: 2
I just installed the book module for Moodle 1.8.2 and we really like it and thank you for this excellent resource!
I have a two issues that I would like to solve as we might be doing something wrong:

When we upload an html page with graphics (we zip the directory with all the graphics and html pages and unzip it in Moodle) and then use the "import" option in the book, it looses all the src links to the grahics. it looks like the relative link for example
"screenshots/image.jpg"
needs to be replaced by
(The html file resides in the directory "Instructions")

I don't mind changing all the src statements when importing html files with embedded graphics, but most of the teachers are not really familiar with html coding.
Do I have a corrupted copy of the book block or is this normal? If the latter it would be nice if the needed absolute src link can be inserted automatically, (my php coding is not good enough to attempt such a change!)

Finally, is there a way to have the book open in a new window so the student can have both the book and the course window open.

Cheers

Dirk
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dirk Koudstaal

Re: Graphics uploads & opening Book in new window

by Jörg Weißenhorner -
Hello Dirk,

as I read your posting, I see one thing that could matter... You wrote:
______
it looks like the relative link for example
"screenshots/image.jpg"
needs to be replaced by
(The html file resides in the directory "Instructions")

________

Take a look at your path descriptions. First you call your directory
s
creenshots/image.jpg
then you call it
Screenshots/image.jpg
(You see the two "s" of screenshots - once lowercase, then uppercase)

If you´re running your moodle on a kind of linux/apache system the case does matter... that´s what I would try first: set uppercase and lowercase straight.

Greetings
Jörg
In reply to Jörg Weißenhorner

Re: Graphics uploads & opening Book in new window

by Dirk Koudstaal -
Hi Jorg,

Thank you for your answer. Your suggesting was not the problem (I spelled it wrong in the forum but not in Moodle). I have uploaded a complete web site structure with graphics and all. When I use the import function in the book the links to the graphics are kept as a relative src link (the html source statement in my case is Screenshots/image.jpg). Instructions in the book manual state that all links will converted to absolute src statements. Somehow that is not happening during the import with text and graphics).
However, if I go into edit mode of that particular page that should have a graphic and alter the src statement to a absolute link (in my case http://www.tl21.org/hobartcollege/file.php/3/Instructions/Screenshots/image.jpg)

By the way the text html file resides in the directory Instructions so when hence the relative src link statement to Screenshots/image.jpg But the book import functions does not seem to convert those src statements for graphics to the absolute path needed for the book. Is it a bug or I am doing something wrong?