Quick quesion about enable performance info option in Server -> Debugging -> Performance info"

Quick quesion about enable performance info option in Server -> Debugging -> Performance info"

by Wen Hao Chuang -
Number of replies: 1
Dear all:

Just a quick question, I'm still a bit confused about some information that was provided when you enable the "performance info" option in "Server -> Debugging -> Performance info".

What is that the

ticks: 76 user: 61 sys: 15 cuser: 0 csys: 0
Load average: 1.05

By guessing I'm assuming that the ticks are referring to processor ticks (how many cycles), and user probably indicate the # of cycles that were spent with user load and sys is # of cycles that were spent on system load (am I correct?), but I'm not sure about the cuser and cysys. Could anyone please help explaining these a little bit? If you could also explain a little bit on the "Load average" that would be great too! Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wen Hao Chuang

Re: Quick quesion about enable performance info option in Server -> Debugging -> Performance info"

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The first set of values come from PHP function posix_times(), so you can read their description from http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.posix-times.php, for example. Just a minor note: instead of absolute values, Moodle prints the difference between the startup values (i.e., the values present at the beginning of the page execution) and the final values.

The load average is a well-know Unix concept (and is in fact only shown when it runs on a Unix-like OS). Moodle just shows the last minute load average.

Saludos. Iñaki.