I suspect they did a cut and paste from Word but I've tried to use the 'clean Word HTML' to no avail. Is this a bug? The students are frustrated and they are asking for permission to use Word for their assignments to which I'm a bit resistant. Having to get into the HTML source and eliminate the offending tags one by one seems an undesirable alternative for me (even worse than allowing them to work collaboratively on Word documents).
Is there anything I can do to solve this problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I had the same problem... it appears that Nwiki does not like the formatting of text, if you use left, centre or right alignment it does not understand, and puts the html text for that formatting in.
You can remove the html by removing the alignment of the text (so that everything is left aligned).
If there is a workaround for this, so that formatting is allowed, I would appreciate an update!!
I was waiting to see whether there was any response from the maintainers of this module but I guess there is no answer. This is definitely a bug.
I tried to 'select all and 'left align' but this doesn't solve the problem. Is this what you meant? The only other thing that I can do is to get into the code view and remove the align labels one by one but that is a major pain because the documents are long and there are many labels. I hope they fix this soon because it is kind of a nuisance.
I know that internally Moodle uses XML as I have a chance to work with the wikis I will see if my theory is true and update accordingly.
I've fixed this bug in both NWiki versions (1.8 & 1.9).
I'm able to create a new release for Moodle 1.8, but not for Moodle 1.9. I'm sorry, we are doing some development in this version. I hope it will be possible next week.
I also fixed some other bugs related to HTML editor, it was a WYSIWYwon'tG editor.
I'm sorry for the long wait, nearly 3 weeks... Excuse me, please, I'm really busy.