Error 7:7 in Moodle Network

Error 7:7 in Moodle Network

از Cintia Farias de Oliveira در
Number of replies: 9
Hi,

I have two Moodles and have configured them as Moodle Network, but when I try access one through the other, I have this error:

RPC auth/mnet/user_authorise:User with ID 0 attempted to call unauthorised method auth/mnet/auth.php/user_authorise on host

I don' t get the user id in the other one, but I think everything is correctly configured.
I don't know what to do!

Any one can help me?
میانگین امتیازات: -
In reply to Cintia Farias de Oliveira

Re: Error 7:7 in Moodle Network

از Donal McMullan در
Hey - it looks like you might not have configured the services between your hosts properly. Let's say you're logging on to a Moodle called Animal, and you want to access a Moodle called Kermit... can you visit Kermit's list of MNet peers:
/admin/mnet/peers.php

...and click on the link for Animal. This will open the info page for Animal. Click on the tab near the top of the page marked "Services", and review the checkboxes there.

To accept users from Animal, please ensure that:
  1. Under SSO (Identity Provider), the 'Subscribe' option is checked.
  2. Under SSO (Service Provider), the 'Publish' option is checked.
Of course on the same page on the Animal server, if you're configuring the options for Kermit, the opposite values should be checked:
  1. Under SSO (Identity Provider), the 'Publish' option is checked.
  2. Under SSO (Service Provider), the 'Subscribe' option is checked.
When this is all configured properly, each option that you've ticked should appear with a tick to the right hand side, to show you that the complementary service has been enabled on the other host. This is a bit hard to describe, so please see the attached image. If this doesn't appear, something is going wrong.

If you're still having problems, please update this thread with the versions of Moodle that you're using, etc. More detail is always useful.

Thanks & good luck

Donal

Attachment ticks.gif
In reply to Donal McMullan

HI, Donal!!!

Thank you for your answer.
The image doesn't appear. Do you have some advice for me?

I still have error.
I'm using version 1.8.4.

از Donal McMullan در
First - please make sure that you're not using the same moodledata directory for both hosts. This is a common configuration error that can cause networking problems.

Second - please check the config.php file for each site. Please let me know if the wwwroot on either side terminates with a slash (/), for example:
http://yourhost.com/
instead of just
http://yourhost.com

If it does, please don't change it just yet, but let me know by updating this forum.

The error message that you reported above - that's appearing on the host that you're trying to SSO to - is that correct?

Can you check that each host has the correct public key for the other? You can review the key for Kermit at:
http://kermit.com/admin/mnet/index.php
...and compare it with the key Animal thinks Kermit should have:
http://animal.com/admin/mnet/peers.php (Click on the link to Kermit)

You should see an error report if these keys aren't the same, but please check thoroughly in any case. Keys are often very similar. I normally check the right-hand column of characters for differences, and often I get down to row 13 or so before a character differs on one key from the other.

Thanks - Donal

Hi, Donal!!!

I'm not using the same moodledata directory for both hosts, but I'm using the same authentication base.

The wwwroot on either side doesn't terminates with a slash.

The error message is appearing on the host that I'm trying to SSO.

And each host has the correct public key for the other.

Do you need more information?

Thank you.

از Donal McMullan در
Is the auth plugin enabled on both hosts?
Have you configured your receiving host to create records for incoming users?

Hello!!!

Yes, the plugin auth is enable on both host.

I didn't configure my receiving host to create records for incoming users.
How can I do that?

از Michael | در
I had the exact same problem and have fixed it. I don't know if my situation is similar to yours but...

What was causing my problem was the wwwroot entry in the "mdl_mnet_host" db table. I had created this moodle build from a template (copied the db) that I had made, so the wwwroot entry in "mdl_mnet_host" did not match the actual wwwroot, it was set to the templates wwwroot.

If you have db access you could try checking that out.

Hope this helps.

M=