I really appreciate your reply and your clear explanation. It gave me a sigh of relief, a bit .
1- The server is only hosting Moodle, so all the unwanted php modules can be removed.
it is running on the system but not recognized by moodle. However, i was worried about this issue coz all forums talk about how eaccelerator improved performance.
2.1- So according to your advice, Internal should work fine with the case below too?
2.2 - If i understood correctly, eaccelerator might still be working even if i didnt select it from cachetype?(coz 165 didnt have this option to select and it was working)
3- Query caching is on
4- My performance concern comes when i face the case below:
Re-explaining in details our technique so maybe it helps others who use quizzes with huge number of students
Moodle 165 quizzes + eaccelerator:
250+ students used to take a quiz at the same time,
every 30 student starts 1 min later than the previous group.
The quiz questions are divided to 5 per page.
It worked PERFECT and load was MAX 1.5.
Before eaccelerator and before the conditions we put (dividing questions and students), server used to get to a halt at the end of the quiz.
Now, we are all worried here about Quizzes in Moodle 1.8.4 and we can not upgrade while semester is running. And frankly, Moodle on campus got widely known mainly coz if its quiz module.
(P.S.: backup for 600 course is taking around 50 hours whereas 165 used to take 8 hours)
Thank you for any further advice.
Hardware and performance
Eaccelerator - Very high load - blank pages -URGENT
This discussion has been locked because a year has elapsed since the last post. Please start a new discussion topic.