Update from cvs times out

Update from cvs times out

by Dale Jones -
Number of replies: 3
Hi;
I'm trying to update from 1.2 (I think) to 1.4dev (I think I'm in the "daredevil" category - or rather, the one who didn't read the new instructions for cvs blush; daredevil sounds better ).  All works OK in the updating progress window until it gets to

cvs updating user/default
cvs updating userpix
cvs [update aborted]  connect to cvs.moodle.sourceforge.net (66.35.250.209) :2401 failed : Connection timed out

Have I done something wrong?  Is there a fault somewhere? More importantly, it seems to have updated the dagtabases OK but I haven't fully tested yet - what's going to bite me when I get the users on?  How can I fix this and make it work properly?

TIA

Dale
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dale Jones

Re: Update from cvs times out

by Herbert Keijers -
Hi Dale,
If I remember correctly, the host, cvs.moodle.sourceforge.net should be replaced by cvs.sourceforge.net ?

Please see here
and look for Moodle CVS
In reply to Herbert Keijers

by Dale Jones -
Thanks for the response Herbert.

I checked (and again...and again...and again) but I HAD connected to the correct host using this string:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/moodle login

I'm still getting the error though sad - it hangs on

cvs update: Updating /userpix

In reply to Dale Jones

by Herbert Keijers -
Dale,
just did an update on my test machine, went smootly, so sourceforge is up !
What I can advice you is following:
Assuming you are on a unix like system ...
Navigate outside the webroot of your system, make a test-map and try to put a copy of moodle in the test map following the instructions from here
If succesfull , delete moodle in your webroot (consider to make a backup of config.php perhaps your theme folder and ...).
Copy the moodle in your test-map to the webroot, put the config.php and theme map and ... back in place and navigate your browser to the .../moodle/admin to upgrade your database.

Hope this helps.