restore a zip file

restore a zip file

by zhi li -
Number of replies: 7

I restore a zip file ,but have many blank link,why?

I click the link,follow the next error:

Course Module ID was incorrect
Average of ratings: -
In reply to zhi li

Re: restore a zip file

by Andy Tagliani -
Did you try to restore in an existing empty course?

andy
In reply to Andy Tagliani

by Carlo Comincini -
Hi, I've the same problem. The firsti time i solved the problem changing the timeout for scripts in php.ini. Infact the restore didn't had sufficient time to finish and the course was damaged (blank links, wrong id message, no quiz results....)
this time the same problem on another course with a 11 MB backup make me going crazy.
The restore sems to finish, but i've got blank links and wrong id.
The apache error log does not log anything strange.
I've tried with three kind of backups
one that contains everitying, one that does not contain logs and anothe that contains only quizzes.

No results.
WHY???
In reply to Carlo Comincini

by Rob LeFebvre -
I'm having similar issues. I'm thinking it's some sort of strange "newbie" thing I don't know about. I've posted in other forums here, and no replies.

Is there a way to restore a zip file from a different moodle server altogether? How about downloading the zip file to my computer, then restoring to the moodle server? what's the trick?

This is what I get at the end of my tries:

An error occurred while copying the zip file to the course directory

The backup did not complete successfully

In reply to Rob LeFebvre

by Rene Riegal -

Mr LeFebvre,

Did you ever get an answer to your question about downloading the zip file to your computer?

That's what I'd like to do as well, but I don't see a way to do that.

Thank you.

In reply to Rene Riegal

by Susan Montgomery -
Make your back up zip, then double click on the name in the list, then you will have an option to save it to your desktop.

To restore to another computer, create a blank course, then go in the course and import the material.
In reply to Susan Montgomery

by Valissa Warren -
How do you import the material into a blank course from a zip file?
In reply to Valissa Warren

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
upload the zip file into your site somewhere (if it isn't already there) and then in the files listing press the "restore" link

If the backup is an old one from the current course, you can also use the "restore" link in the administration block from your course (it's the same as clicking on "files" then navigating to the backupdata folder)

see more on the restore process here:
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Backup_restore#Restore

smile

Dan