Quiz Timer

Quiz Timer

از Mark Miller در
Number of replies: 13
Every bit of documentation I have looked at (both Cole books, on-line documentation, and this forum) says "set the timer". It doesn't say how. I want my students to have 2-minutes and 30-seconds to take a short quiz. How do I set the time variable to do that?

a very perplexed teacher.

mark c. miller
noblesville indiana
میانگین امتیازات:  -
In reply to Mark Miller

Re: Quiz Timer

از Tim Hunt در
عکس Core developers عکس Documentation writers عکس Particularly helpful Moodlers عکس Peer reviewers عکس Plugin developers
On the quiz settings form, there is a time limit box. http://docs.moodle.org/en/Adding/updating_a_quiz#Timing_section
In reply to Tim Hunt

از Ger Tielemans در
Is it possible to extend the timer for  students with the extra field "dyslectic" in their profile with 15%?
In reply to Ger Tielemans

از Helen Foster در
عکس Core developers عکس Documentation writers عکس Moodle HQ عکس Particularly helpful Moodlers عکس Plugin developers عکس Testers عکس Translators
Hi Ger,

It's not currently possible to extend the time limit for certain students, however you can give them unlimited time by allowing the capability mod/quiz:ignoretimelimits.
In reply to Helen Foster

از Anthony Borrow در
عکس Core developers عکس Plugin developers عکس Testers
I would say that what Helen suggests is the best workaround for now. I now there have been previous discussions about adding in the ability to set for a student a particular time factor so that the teacher could provide them with extended time, alternate dates, etc. I remember discussing this on the forums and advocating for being able to provide custom start, end, and timer information for a particular student. This would require some additional tables in the database and complicates things. I thought it was in the tracker, but I couldn't find it by doing a quick search. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Tim Hunt

از Mark Miller در
Yes, I saw that; the problem is it's not specific about the form you use to enter the time. The entry says:

"By default, quizzes do not have a time limit, which allows students as much time as they need to complete the quiz. If you do specify a time limit ...".

It doesn't say how to compute the time to enter. I tried 2:30 (two-minutes and thirty-seconds) as an entry and received the error message "you must enter a number here".

I then computed the number of seconds in 2:30 minutes (120), and it appears that the quiz is now available for 120 hours.

If you can tell me how to enter minutes/seconds for the time variable, I'd appreciate it.

I'll be happy to add the information to the wiki entry, but since it's your work, I thought you might like to get credit for the change/update.

Tnx and regards

Mark C. Miller
Noblesville Indiana

In reply to Mark Miller

از Tim Hunt در
عکس Core developers عکس Documentation writers عکس Particularly helpful Moodlers عکس Peer reviewers عکس Plugin developers
The time is in minutes.

I tweaked the interface to make that clearer in Moodle 1.9.
In reply to Tim Hunt

از Arturo Israel García Castro در
Is it possible to change the appeareance of the timer? Size, font?
In reply to Arturo Israel García Castro

از Tim Hunt در
Yes, you can style it in your theme. This question has been asked and answered before. Forum (or Google) search, should provide more detailed instructions.
In reply to Arturo Israel García Castro

از Teresa Gibbison در
Here is the forum Tim is referring to, Timer repositioning in Quiz Module
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=90880
I found it very helpful for resizing out timer.
Cheers
Teresa
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

از nainesh kathrotia در

Is this possible in quiz of 30 questions we arranged as  first 10 questions set as 30 miniutes next 10 questions has 15 minutes and next 10 question has 15 minutes. in a single slot of 1hour quize test.

please help out.

In reply to nainesh kathrotia

از Joseph Rézeau در
عکس Core developers عکس Particularly helpful Moodlers عکس Plugin developers عکس Testers عکس Translators

No. But you could create 3 successive quizzes, each with their own time limit.