Book module installation

Book module installation

by Gunilla Brattberg -
Number of replies: 6

I have uploaded the book map to the mod map on my server - and it did work. The book map is now placed in the mod map. If I understand right the book resource will then appear automatically when I start Moodle, but it does not. In the site administration I cannot find the book module among the activities. What more do I have to do to get it work?

Gunilla

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gunilla Brattberg

Re: Book module installation

by Jörg Weißenhorner -
Hello Gunilla,

I´m not so sure, if I got you right... but considering the book modul:
depending on which version of moodle you´re using, the book module may appear among the resources.
AFAIK that´s the way it is since 1.8.2 or something like that.

Greetings
Jörg
In reply to Jörg Weißenhorner

Svar: Re: Book module installation

by Gunilla Brattberg -

Hello Jörg

Thank you for the answer. I have now tried to import book 1.7 to my moodle 1.8+, and now I find the book resourse among activites so it did work, but when I choose the book alternative it does not appear. I only get a white empty page. Do you have any idea of what to do to get it work in the next step.

Gunilla

Re: Svar: Re: Book module installation

by Jörg Weißenhorner -
Hello Gunilla,

well, I suggest, you get the proper version running on your system. In case you´re running moodle 1.8, that means you should get the appropriate version of the book module.

You can download it here.

Furtheron I suggest to clean the "older" book module first, and to log on to your phpmyadmin (or whatever you have to work on your database) and throw the entries out, which had been made by the old installation.

And as always: make sure, you have your backups done.

Let us know, if you were successful.
Another question: I didn´t understand, what you meant with "book maps", perhaps you can explain that...

Greetings
Jörg
In reply to Jörg Weißenhorner

Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Book module installation

by Gunilla Brattberg -

Hello Jörg,

My Moodle 1.8+ could not handle Book module 1.8, neither 1.7.

I have nu uppgraded Moodle to 1.8.4 an now it works properly.

Gunilla

Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Book module installation

by Jörg Weißenhorner -
Glad to hear that.
I really do appreciate that book module.

Grettings
Jörg

Re: Svar: Re: Book module installation

by Andy An -

Hi G:

You need to upgrade book to version 1.8 or it's better to uninstall this book v.1.7 and re-install a new book v.1.8.

This time the Book will be displayed in the resource drop down list rather than in the activities one.