paypal and setting up roles problems with edit access

paypal and setting up roles problems with edit access

by George Rogu -
Number of replies: 2
I am having serious problems with roles and paypal. Under the admin role I can access everything and not need to enroll via the paypal.

I need to give access to some folks but do not want the to pay via paypal. The problem comes in with edit rights. When I am able to get rid of the edit rights then the paypal enrollments apperas.. When I get rid of the pay pal enrollment I get access to edit the site.

So basically I ask all of you. How can I set up a role or permission when the student has full access to evything on the site without the ability to edit anything, and without the need to enroll via paypal.
Something like admin with out the editing.

Please help. We are ready to launch but are stuck at this phase.I have spent days trying to figure this out.

Please help.

George Rogu

Adoptioneducationclasses.com
Average of ratings: -
In reply to George Rogu

Re: paypal and setting up roles problems with edit access

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi George,

As far as I know, if you are using the paypal enrolment plugin, the only way to enable particular users to access courses for free is to enrol them manually i.e. assign them the role of student in the course.

As this is an enrolment issue, rather than anything to do with roles, I'm going to move this discussion to the enrolment plugins forum...
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: paypal and setting up roles problems with edit access

by Raphe Patmore -
Hi

I'm new to Moodle so not sure if this is the right forum, but I have a similar problem. I set up my course for Pay Pal and it worked fine. Then I added the check box for 'Read Site Policy' in the 'Create New Account' area and the Pay Pal screen no longer shows. The new subscribers get an email to open their account and enter without paying. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Raphe