Using the Feedback Block - a primer please

Using the Feedback Block - a primer please

by Ian Usher -
Number of replies: 4

Hello!

We're using Feedback with our schools and they love it (we've also got Questionnaire but that's hidden by default). When adding a Feedback block - how does this interact with a Feedback activity? I was anticipating something similar to the Quiz Results block but can't see a way to tie the two together.

Can anyone:

1. confirm that this is what's supposed to happen and, if so;
  2. explain how I can make it so?

Thanks!

Ian.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ian Usher

Re: Using the Feedback Block - a primer please

by Ian Usher -
Anyone...? Anything? Pretty please? smile
In reply to Ian Usher

by Steve Hyndman -

I've used the Feedback module for a very long time, but I've never needed to use the feedback block. However, one thing you can use it for (and I think the only thing) is if you add a feedback activity on the front page of the site (course 1), then you have an option of Mapping that feedback activity to any other course on your site. Look at the options for a feedback on the frontpage and you will see the Mapping button...see below. If you Map to courses, then when you add the feedback block to those courses, it just displays a link to the feedback. To my knowledge, there is really no reason to show a feedback block on the frontpage of the site. This could be handy if you wanted to create a common feedback for several courses...just add it to the frontpage and then map it to the courses and show the block in those courses.

Note: This is on a 1.6 install...I don't know if anything is different on later versions.

Steve

In reply to Steve Hyndman

by Angela Nicholas -
Is it possible to add the feedback module within another module, such as the book module? Or would adding a link, mapping to the feedback module be preferable?
In reply to Steve Hyndman

by leena gour -
hi,
i want to use feedback block to collect feedback about how the course is organized only from teacher, it can come at category page but i want in the form of block not activity.
How to implement it, is there any other module for such feedback.

hope i am able to explain me problem.

thanks

Leena