moodle.org stats

moodle.org stats

by Peter Svec -
Number of replies: 2
Hi all,

how is moodle collecting information for statictics on http://moodle.org/stats/ page? The site with the most courses is "E-learning na VUT v Brne" but if I take a look on that page there is not 19223 courses.

peter
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Svec

Re: moodle.org stats

by John Isner -
I think all the numbers are cumulative. So the 19223 courses includes old courses that are no longer available (they may have been archived, then deleted). Since a site doesn't recycle course id's, it's probably just the highest id in the course table.

I suspect the same is true of users. Total users = cumulative total = highest id in the user table.

Does anyone have a definite answer on this?
In reply to John Isner

Re: moodle.org stats

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The code is in admin/register.php in your Moodle ... it's a simple count of the records in the course table (minus 1). These records are deleted when courses are deleted, so it's a fairly true indication of the number of courses on a site (at the time they last registered).

However many of the courses may be hidden from view by the general public (eg they could be archives or private courses etc)