[[modulename]] attendance error

[[modulename]] attendance error

by Monico Briseño -
Number of replies: 10
Picture of Testers
Hi, everyone. I installed both attforblock and attendance programs. However, I found the following strings on the moodle course:

modulenameplural and modulename

I read the attendance forums and I found how to fix this problem. But, after I moved the attendance and afforblock files into moodle/lang/en_utf8/
It still appears on the screen modulename

Any ideas ?

TIA

Mónico
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Monico Briseño

Re: [[modulename]] attendance error

by A. T. Wyatt -
Greetings, Monico!
I believe you might have misunderstood the installation instructions.
The name of the block is attendance. The attendance folder goes in moodle/blocks
The name of the module is attforblock. The attforblock folder goes in moodle/mod
The lang folder content goes in moodle/lang/and whatever language pack you are using.
Then you have to go to the admin menu and click on "notifications" in order to trigger the database changes.

You should not put the block and module files in the language folder.

If I misunderstood your post, I apologize!

atw

In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Monico Briseño -
Picture of Testers
Hi, Wyatt. I appreciate your time to help on this. I read your comment, I reviewed my post information and I found that I wrote something wrong in the last line, I meant:

I put the lang folder content into the /lang/en_utf8, but the following string stills appear on the moodle course

modulename

Cheers

Mónico

by A. T. Wyatt -
This is how mine looks:

These are the main language files
Attachment main_lang_files.gif

by A. T. Wyatt -
These are the help files (inside the language folder)

My recollection is that the moodle core has an attendance folder, so that is why it looks like there are two different ones. But I am not 100% sure! Dmitry's attendance block is the one called block_attendance.

If you have the language files in the right place, I cannot think what might be causing the string problem. Mine does work properly!
Attachment help_files.gif
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Monico Briseño -
Picture of Testers
Hi, Wyatt. I attached three screenshots related with my attendance error.
First one: How attendance module appears on the moodle course, after I put the lang folder content into the /lang/en_utf8.
Second one:
Attachment attendance2.png
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Monico Briseño -
Picture of Testers
Third one: Attendance help files. BTY, Attendance help information appears correctly on the window.

Attachment attendance1.png

by A. T. Wyatt -
This might sound silly, but did you view the contents of the block_attendance.php file in lang/en_utf8? It should look like this:

$string['Aacronym'] = 'A';
$string['Afull'] = 'Absent';
$string['Eacronym'] = 'E';
$string['Efull'] = 'Excused';
$string['Lacronym'] = 'L';
$string['Lfull'] = 'Late';
$string['Pacronym'] = 'P';
$string['Pfull'] = 'Present';
$string['acronym'] = 'Acronym';
$string['add'] = 'Add';

There is one thing that puzzles me, however. The files in en_utf8/help/block_attendance should all be html files, not php files. In your screen capture, they appear to be php files.

atw

In reply to A. T. Wyatt

Re: [[modulename]] ayuda urgente

by sergio calderon -

tnego un error al instalar el pluging en la carpeta moodle/mod y entrar como administrador a moodle al checar el plugin en vista general de extensiines no me aparece solo aprece esto

modulename mod_scheduler Extensión       Desinstalar

me podrian  ayudar!! esto sale al revisar la vista general de extensiones

by Edwin Cruz -

I need the link for the Attendance Module and Block for Moodle 2.2 and instructions for the installation.  Would appreciate help.