Many Admin Role Copys generated

Many Admin Role Copys generated

by Susan Gould-Leighton -
Number of replies: 2
Help!!!
We are suddenly seeing multiple admin generated. This seems to be happening when I back-up and restore a course to a new course. See picture. We are not up to 210 copies plus multiple copies of copies. The whole system is slowing down. I assume this is set somewhere but I did not see it happening until the last few days. We are running 1.8.3. We roll forward our courses ever quarter and just started the fourth quarter.
As far as I can tell it is happening if I do this for a teacher and I am logged in as an Admin. I don't think it happens when they do it themselves as a teacher.
I was trying to trouble shoot it but it is so bogged down at the moment that I can't.

Two urgent questions.
1. Can I just delete all these copies
2. How do I get it to stop making them.

I will cross post this to General and back-ups.
Thank you to anyone that can help,
susang
Attachment Picture_3.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susan Gould-Leighton

Re: Many Admin Role Copys generated

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
This is a backup problem, and it has been fixed in more recent versions.

You can safely delete the duplicate roles.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Many Admin Role Copys generated

by Mawuli Kuivi -
Hello TIm,
When you say more recent version, which version?

Does the fix apply to 1.7.4+

We have 1.7.+ and l checked and it looks like the problems is related to the roles the person doing the restore can assigned in the restore_form.html.

If the person cannot assign to that role, a new role is created or you select a role that can be matched which is not neccessary the same role.

So l would like to know where is was fixed.

I just did a restore in 1.9 and it still creates new roles for roles the person doing the restore cannot assign since it is still using get_assignable_roles (context,'short') function to get the role the person is allowed to assign.

Thanks for any help.