Assignment Dates Change During Restore

Assignment Dates Change During Restore

by Donna Hrynkiw -
Number of replies: 2
Has anyone experienced (or heard of) anything like this?

When a teacher/user restored her carefully-crafted course from our development environment to our production environment, all the TIMEAVAILABLE and TIMEDUE settings on her assignments changed to a date about 8 years and 1 month into the past. And it happened again in a second course she restored the same day.

We have the restorelog.html files with entries like:
--------
Assignment - Weekly Assignment Chapter Question/Answer
TIMEDUE was Wednesday, 16 January 2008 TIMEDUE is now Thursday, 9 December 1999
TIMEAVAILABLE was Monday, 7 January 2008 TIMEAVAILABLE is now Tuesday, 30 November 1999
--------

We've been able to reproduce the problem (at least on the surface) by choosing a different term start date when we restore the course; but she swears that she didn't change it. I tend to believe her -- because although it happened in two courses that she restored on the same day, it's such an *odd* date change. It's like she accidentally dragged her cursor over the drop-down term start date selection and dragged to a different year... and a different month, and a different day -- *twice*?

We've looked at backup/restore, system time settings, user time-zone settings and assignments. So far, nothing explains why the restore felt the need to change the assignment dates. So far she's the only user to report this issue, although our manager swears she recently saw an assignment with a due date of 1969 -- and a message that said the assignement was 38 years overdue. ;-0 But when she went back to the page, the dates were entirely legitimate.

We're running Moodle v1.8.3 under Linux

(Hmm. Perhaps I should ask over in the Backup/Restore forum as well...)

Donna Hrynkiw
Kwantlen University College
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Donna Hrynkiw

Re: Assignment Dates Change During Restore

by Caroline Moore -
Hi Donna,

This issue has been reported on the tracker, and a patch file has been posted. Please vote for it so that this patch will be incorporated into the distributed version of Moodle!

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-12922

~Caroline
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Caroline Moore

Re: Assignment Dates Change During Restore

by Donna Hrynkiw -
Many thanks for your reply Caroline. I guess when I was searching the bug-tracker, I included too many references to assignment dates. This appears to be primarily a restore issue.

(Voted, too.)