Hidden activity in grade book entry shows up to all students after just one student accesses activity

Hidden activity in grade book entry shows up to all students after just one student accesses activity

by Todd Thornton -
Number of replies: 0

I'll try not to make this too convoluted. I'm trying to get away from using the SCORM module and am contemplating using hidden quizzes with links at the end of other activities. (Say a flash presentations) For instance, I create the "secret" quizzes in the last topic outline (say 7) but I only show 6 topics and give students the direct link to a quiz on the last slide of the flash presentation. I'm doing this so a grade can be recorded for the activity.

In my testing of Moodle 1.9, I've hidden the column for these quizzes from students in the grade book, but once one student accesses the quiz, it automatically appears in every students grade book whether they've accessed it or not. Of course they could then click on it and go directly to the quiz which is what I'm trying to avoid.

I realize what I'm trying to do may sound a little bizarre, but my question is this. Is this the default behavior or is this possible a bug when a hidden activity in the grade book appears to everyone after only one student accesses it? Is this just because I'm linking to a hidden section? It does exactly what I need it to do until someone accesses it the first time, but then it becomes "unhidden" to everyone (instructor/other students) for lack of a better word.

Thanks for any insights you can provide.

Todd