Block creation help please

Block creation help please

by Richard Oelmann -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I realise this may seem a basic question to some, but I am having difficulty installing a block in moodle 1.8.4

I have used the existing html block to create an infant/junior friendly menu for the moodle site I am developing to become our school website/vle. I want to be able to use this as a block which can be placed on any page in any course. However, I also want to be able to keep the flexibility of the exisiting html block and its "multiple" uses. I have tried to duplicate the exisiting html block renaming the folder and the php code as html_menu, and have added this to the mysql table mdl_block. I have gone into admin and clicked Notification, but then when I go to the Blocks page, it tells me that "Block html_menu is not compatible with the current version of Moodle and needs to be updated by a programmer."

I presumably have missed something very basic, and would appreciate someone telling me what that is. I have only been using moodle since last week and am teaching myself/learning as I am developing this site. So far loving it and finding it very comprehensive and hoping my staff and the children will find it equally so!

Thanks for any help

Richard

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: Block creation help please

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Sorted! Was a silly beginners error - had renamed the block in the php code and the folder name, but not the name of the php file itself! moodle then wouldn't accept it because it already had a php file of the same name.