Feedback average value analysis

Feedback average value analysis

by Neil Birt -
Number of replies: 2
Hi

In Feedback is is possible for the 'not selected' choice in the rated items to have no value rather than the value zero?

Currently, the analysis uses the total number of submitted answers to calculate the average. However, this gives an erroneously low average value unless the everyone answers the question.

For example, let's say 20 people respond to a radiorated question. They all choose a value of '5'. However, let's say that the total number of submitted answers is 50. The average value returned in the analysis will be '2', not '5'.

How do I get the actual average value of those that responded?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Neil Birt

Re: Feedback average value analysis

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Neil,

I am working on a better solution than the "not selected" choice. Then you can use the value 0.

The average like your intention currently you can do in excel.
But I'm thinking about a option in this item so you can choose whether the not-selected choices should be used for average or not.

Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

Re: Feedback average value analysis

by Neil Birt -

An "option in this item so you can choose whether the not-selected choices should be used for average or not."

This would be perfect!

Neil