Exam not e-mailing....

Exam not e-mailing....

Napisane przez: Tony Ruggiero ()
Liczba odpowiedzi: 5
Folks:

Running 1.9 Beta 4 and the exams are not mailing out the results.

I do get this error in the logs...

library mailer
ERROR: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed:

Checked the smtp settings in the admin and everything looks right and permissions were set right.

Any ideas?

W odpowiedzi na Tony Ruggiero

Re: Exam not e-mailing....

Napisane przez: Tim Hunt ()
Obraz Core developers Obraz Documentation writers Obraz Particularly helpful Moodlers Obraz Peer reviewers Obraz Plugin developers
Do emails for people subscribed to forums work? If they do, this is a quiz-specific problem. If not, it is a general problem, and the people in the general problems forum would be better able to help.
W odpowiedzi na Tim Hunt

Tim:

I finally have it working - it wound up being a server issue. My client wants the grade for the exam included in the e-mail notification.

Is that possible?

Thanks,
Tony
W odpowiedzi na Tony Ruggiero

Napisane przez: Tim Hunt ()
Obraz Core developers Obraz Documentation writers Obraz Particularly helpful Moodlers Obraz Peer reviewers Obraz Plugin developers
That is not one of the pieces of data that is currently available.

However, if you wanted to make it available, it would be a simple tweak to the code in the function quiz_send_notification_emails in mod/quiz/locallib.php. Around line 880, there is currently code
 // attempt info
 $a->submissiontime = userdate($attempt->timefinish);
 $a->timetaken = format_time($attempt->timefinish - $attempt->timestart);
You could add
 $a->attemptscore = quiz_rescale_grade($attempt->sumgrades, $quiz);
I think the reason that we did not do this when implementing this feature is that this ignores the settings of "Student may review" on the quiz settings page.
W odpowiedzi na Tim Hunt

Tim:

Thank you for the hack...it works perfectly!

Something I found that might be a problem. The code for $a->quizreviewlink doesn't show a true link. I changed mine to:

$a->quizreviewlink = $CFG->wwwroot . '/mod/quiz/review.php?attempt=' . $attempt->id;

It works fine now. That is at line 878.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Tony