Exam not e-mailing....

Exam not e-mailing....

Tony Ruggiero-mit -
Antal besvarelser: 5
Folks:

Running 1.9 Beta 4 and the exams are not mailing out the results.

I do get this error in the logs...

library mailer
ERROR: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed:

Checked the smtp settings in the admin and everything looks right and permissions were set right.

Any ideas?

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Tony Ruggiero

Re: Exam not e-mailing....

Tim Hunt-mit -
Core developers-ip assinga Documentation writers-ip assinga Particularly helpful Moodlers-ip assinga Peer reviewers-ip assinga Plugin developers-ip assinga
Do emails for people subscribed to forums work? If they do, this is a quiz-specific problem. If not, it is a general problem, and the people in the general problems forum would be better able to help.
I svar til Tim Hunt

Tony Ruggiero-mit -
Tim:

I finally have it working - it wound up being a server issue. My client wants the grade for the exam included in the e-mail notification.

Is that possible?

Thanks,
Tony
I svar til Tony Ruggiero

Tim Hunt-mit -
Core developers-ip assinga Documentation writers-ip assinga Particularly helpful Moodlers-ip assinga Peer reviewers-ip assinga Plugin developers-ip assinga
That is not one of the pieces of data that is currently available.

However, if you wanted to make it available, it would be a simple tweak to the code in the function quiz_send_notification_emails in mod/quiz/locallib.php. Around line 880, there is currently code
 // attempt info
 $a->submissiontime = userdate($attempt->timefinish);
 $a->timetaken = format_time($attempt->timefinish - $attempt->timestart);
You could add
 $a->attemptscore = quiz_rescale_grade($attempt->sumgrades, $quiz);
I think the reason that we did not do this when implementing this feature is that this ignores the settings of "Student may review" on the quiz settings page.
I svar til Tim Hunt

Tony Ruggiero-mit -
Tim:

Thank you for the hack...it works perfectly!

Something I found that might be a problem. The code for $a->quizreviewlink doesn't show a true link. I changed mine to:

$a->quizreviewlink = $CFG->wwwroot . '/mod/quiz/review.php?attempt=' . $attempt->id;

It works fine now. That is at line 878.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Tony