Running as a service in windows 2000

Running as a service in windows 2000

by Ylva Holm -
Number of replies: 3

Hello!

I installed EasyPHP and moodle and have my own moodle up and running. But as I understand it it runs as an application and when I log out there is no moodle anymore... If I'm right how can I change this?

I've searched the Forums and the documentation but did not find any answer.

Ylva

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ylva Holm

Re: Running as a service in windows 2000

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
My best guess is that you did something wrong installing EasyPHP. Did you uncheck the box that says "start EasyPHP" at the end of the installation?

It may just be that you need to do a reboot to start the service. Apache and Mysql *should* be installed as services by the EasyPHP installation process. You can find the Services application in the administration menu and check that they are present and set to "Automatic".
In reply to Howard Miller

by Ylva Holm -

Thank you for trying to help!

I installed easyphp1-7_setup.exe and if I look in my services there are neither Apache nor Mysql. The installations was in french so I may have missunderstood something.

I don't want to break the moodle I got but I would like to transfer it into services!

Ylva

In reply to Ylva Holm

by Richard Watkins -

I run EasyPHP 1.6.0 and there is a check box to run as a service, see attached image.

You will probably want to check the "Start on windows startup" too.

Attachment easyphp.gif