Moving Quizes

Moving Quizes

by Stewart Brouillette -
Number of replies: 2

When we started out with Moodle, we were in somewhat of an experimental mode - just learning what this can do. Anyways, we created some quizes on the "Home" page that we now need to move from the home page and archive on a sub-page without loosing the link to the student results.

If anyone could give us guidance on how to do this, it would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Stewart                                                                

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stewart Brouillette

Re: Moving Quizes

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Stewart,
Outstanding question, even if it probably belongs in the the Course forum. It is outstanding because I had the same one this morning. I have been a newbie since 2006 big grin. No guarantees on this, I was working with a 1.5.3 production server and resources. (I gave up and recreated the resources on the front page manually).

Try creating a new course, then importing data. You might see your front page as course you have taught and be able to select your quizzes. Hope you are close to Admin to use this one.

Plan B, backup the front page, then restore to an existing or new course. If you don't like it there, import it from the new course you just created.

Does this help you? Chris
In reply to Stewart Brouillette

Re: Moving Quizes

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Stewart,

Your question has nothing to do with the Lesson module.

What do you call a "sub-page"? I suppose you mean a course on your moodle site.

I do not understand what you mean with "archive". Do you mean that you want those quizzes to be no longer available/visible to your students on the front page? If so, why don't you simple "hide" them?

I'd advise you to re-post this post to the General Problems forum on moodle.org and to re-state your problem using "moodle-speak" terminology.wink

Cheers,

Joseph