Course schedule generation

Course schedule generation

by Andrew Copley -
Number of replies: 6

Hello Moodle Forum!;

I am a complete novice on Moodle, but I am looking for a few answersto some questions I have:

1. We have a need to generate course schedules automatically from a start date/end date and also to avoid public holidays and the like.Is this something that can be programmed into Moodle or does it already exist (I cant find it!)

2. Can we then expose those course schedules to teachers so that they can update them if necessary.

I appreciate that this could have been asked in another forum elsewhere but I cannot find it

Many Many thanks in advance

Andrew

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Copley

Re: Course schedule generation

by Audun Hauge -
For my school I've made a few custom hacks for this type of thing.
All courses have a schedule that can be edited.
The schedule is based on the section headings - but there is a special view that shows an overview.
Also there is a test plan - for each course the teachers must enter the date of any tests. The editor for entering tests is blocked on public holidays (and other days marked in a few special courses - like exams).
The teacher can see if a student already has a test this day (query to pick out all tests for studs in course). Also timetables for teachers and students can be shown.
Any tests are marked up in the timetable for the current week.

All of this is in scripts made to suit our school, but it could give you a few ideas and hints. If you have access to someone who can read/write php then you should be able to adapt these to your school.

I don't know of any other solution in moodle ...

Attachment yearplan.png
In reply to Audun Hauge

by Ryan Chadwick -
Audun,

That timetable you've got looks exactly like what we could use. Do you have it available anywhere for download? Or would you mind emailing it to me?

Regards

- Ryan
In reply to Ryan Chadwick

by Audun Hauge -
I'm working thru most of the modules/blocks/scripts I have for moodle and will try to make them ready for adding to CONTRIB.
I'm setting up a project of timetabling at gitorious.
You can search gitorious.com by keyword (try moodle).
The version of timetabling you can find here is still closely tied to
my school. I'll be working thru the code to make it more suited for general use.
Later I'll push this to CONTRIB.
In reply to Audun Hauge

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Audun - When you are ready to have the code in CONTRIB, just follow the instructions at:
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:Guidelines_for_contributed_code
Peace - Anthony