Moodle Grade Book and PowerSchool

Moodle Grade Book and PowerSchool

by Mark Miller -
Number of replies: 7
My school uses Pearson's PowerSchool for its grading (and just about everything else). My moodle is support to regular classroom instruction so not all grades are given via moodle.

Is there a way to redirect the students so that when they select the gradebook option in Moodle they actually are "passed" to the PowerSchool site?

Tnx

Mark Miller
In reply to Mark Miller

Re: Moodle Grade Book and PowerSchool

by Matt Marsman -
Did you ever get feedback on this? I am looking to implement Moodle along with our PowerSchool system.

Thanks,

Matt Marsman
In reply to Mark Miller

by Billie Clark -
I'm interested, too.  We just implemented PowerSchool and, as I administer my own Moodle besides being a full-time classroom teacher, I haven't had time to really get my gradebook in Moodle working the way I need.
In reply to Billie Clark

by Nancy Lake -

We are also looking for answers to this post.  Our division just implemented Power School and we are looking to integrate it too.

In reply to Mark Miller

by Linroy Kilgore -

Almost four years since this question about Moodle and PowerSchool integration was asked, and no resolution. Can someone address this issue? Integrating Moodle gradebook with PowerSchool is a HUGE need. My school is about to drop using Moodle to find a different LMS that will integrate seamlessly with PowerSchool and Google Docs.

In addition to the gradebook integration, we would like to see student account/username integration so that we can use our PowerSchool student database to create Moodle user accounts. Reinventing the wheel everytime we move from one software function to the next is inefficient.

In reply to Linroy Kilgore

by Bob Puffer -

Allow me to suggest a path which might get you more traction for this issue:

1. Create a tracker item for the enhancement which you desire, i.e., integration of Moodle's gradebook with Pearson's Powerschool.
  2. Find out if Pearson has done, is planning on doing or would sponsor (to whatever degree) work on this integration
  3. in lieu of any work having been done by Pearson, advertise in the Moodle forums and enlist the assistance of the others who've responded to this post to gather together as many stakeholders in this integration as possible to see if you can garner a consortium who can either work on the integration between themselves or sponsor a programmer (partner or otherwise) to produce the integration work.

I'm sorry you've waited this long.