HTML editor buttons not visible on my site nor yours.

HTML editor buttons not visible on my site nor yours.

by Paul Vasilauskis -
Number of replies: 4
I don't get the HTML editor buttons on firefox 1.5.0.12 (sorry, that's the latest version our IT has released to us) but I do get them running Internet Explorer.

Strangely when I went to create this post the buttons are not visible coming from moodle.org (see attached pic) which also shows some javascript errors I get when I refresh a page with the html editor on it.

Also the buttons are there, if I pause the mouse over where a button should be I'll get a pop up label for the button and pressing it does work. (i.e. if I pause next to the Language box I can find the Bold, Italic, Underline buttons and pressing them does work.

I also went to the Moodle Demo and logged in as admin and the buttons were not visible there either.

I hope this info helps somebody figure this out.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Vasilauskis

Re: HTML editor buttons not visible on my site nor yours.

by Andy Tagliani -
Hi Paul

I mean there can be more reasons for your problem:

1. Java is not installed
2. Your Browser is not configured
3. Have you noScript installed?
4. Not all files are copy in the folder htmlarea

To point 2, check out under your browser extras->settings if under JavaScript->Advanced the 1,2 and 5 Option is marked.

Andy
In reply to Andy Tagliani

by Paul Vasilauskis -
I think I found a bug in Moodle.

In the /lib/editor/htmlarea/htmlarea.css file line 46 reads " -moz-opacity: 25%;" the % deosn't belong there. It should read "-moz-opacity: 25;" that gets rid of the second javascript error I saw in the console.

The first error, about the filter property, as I understand it, that line is for non-Mozilla browsers, the line below it (the one with the bad % in it) is for Mozilla.

I fixed the % and deleted the "filter: alpha(opacity = 25);" line which cleared 2 of the 3 errors but still no toolbar buttons.

The third error about "expected color but found FieldFace..." all the examples of that line I could fine online look exactly like that, so I doubt it is in error.

I haven't tried this with a newer version of Firefox...yet.
In reply to Andy Tagliani

by Paul Vasilauskis -
As you can see from the enclosed image, I selected the Advanced options 1, 2, & 5. (they were deselected before) but still no toolbar buttons. (yes, I killed and restarted FireFox after the change just to make sure) I pretty sure Java is installed but not 100% sure. noScript is not installed. I need to try this at home where I have more control over the software and see what happens.
In reply to Paul Vasilauskis

by Andy Tagliani -
Hi Paul

See my Screenshot below, the bugs you mean are only optical bugs and has nothing to do with your problem. My meaning is, the problem is on your system, did you have a security software? Some Firewalls, when settings are not correct can make the same problems.

Andy