problems adding new quiz module

problems adding new quiz module

silvia zenesini tomonidan -
Number of replies: 4
Hello,
I've developed a new kind of quiz for moodle version 1.5.
Now i'd like to use it on Moodle 1.8 ..but here is what happens when I add the new module.
The creation of the module looks fine, but when i try to add it as a new activity within a course, the link to the new module doesn' t work and it brings me to the normal quiz settings page.
I've added other modules made on 1.5 rel. and they are working fine.
Thank you!
Sil
O'rtacha reytinglar: -
In reply to silvia zenesini

Re: problems adding new quiz module

Richard Enison tomonidan -
SZ,

Is this module of yours publicly available for download somewhere so we can try it and see what goes wrong with it in Moodle 1.8? If not, perhaps you could attach a copy to a post.

RLE
In reply to Richard Enison

Hello!
Unfortunately it's not publicly available.
But I can attach the two files (attempt.php and view.php) i've changed (the ramaining files are almost the same of quiz module of 1.5 ...of course the name of the module changes everywhere)
I'll try to explain what this quiz module does.
User have to take a quiz before taking the course. This quiz has to be made of random question taken from each category available .
After taking course they have to take a final quiz made in this way:
-first attempt has to be the same of the one taken in the quiz taken before the course (prequiz);
-the other three attempts are random.
SZ
In reply to silvia zenesini

Tim Hunt tomonidan -
Core developers rasmi Documentation writers rasmi Particularly helpful Moodlers rasmi Peer reviewers rasmi Plugin developers rasmi
Doh! of course, I should have realised this before. The major change is that between Moodle 1.5 and 1.6, the question types and the question bank code was moved out of the quiz module in into Moodle core. So the quiz in 1.6 and beyond is very different from 1.5.

Of course, that does not necessarily mean that your self-contained 1.5-based module cannot be made to work with 1.8.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Hi!
I saw, i saw .....
But if the code of the quiz module 1.5 is "stand alone" it could work by the way..... (I'm using different tables too..).
It seems that when I go to modules > settings (from the administrative link) it shows me the right combination of options; but when i add it to a course seems like the view.php of the course itself or the modedit.php misunderstand which module i'm calling and brings me to the "normal" quiz configuration page.
SZ