Removing course side block on main page

Removing course side block on main page

by Michael Langdon -
Number of replies: 2
I know this question sounds crazy, however, because Moodle is a lot more flexible and easy to use than other content management systems, I am currently using moodle for content management only.  I want to get rid of the courses block on the main page is there a way to do this.  I tried experimenting with lib.php to no avail.  Any suggestions?

Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Langdon

Re: Removing course side block on main page

by David Le Blanc -

Michael,

I don't know if you were refering to the dms (content management module) that is currently under development for moodle or if you use other moodle features to assist you in your content managment needs. If you are looking strictly at content managment then you might consider MyDMS (http://dms.markuswestphal.de/about.html). It is the content managment system that the current development module within moodle is based upon. I've been using it for some time in addition to moodle. It's just great. approve

Unless you require some of the other features / modules that moodle offers in addition to content managment, why not look at a tool designed for this purpose such as MyDMS?  

In reply to Michael Langdon

Re: Removing course side block on main page

by Gustav W Delius -

Hi Michael,

if you don't mind using a development version: Moodle 1.4development has the same customizable sode blocks system on the front page that you already know on the course pages from Moodle 1.3. So you can choose which side blocks you want on your site page.