Moodle documentation: Introducing: Moodle Tutorials Beta!!! :-D

Re: Moodle documentation: Introducing: Moodle Tutorials Beta!!! :-D

by Jeff Forssell -
Number of replies: 0
Glad to see your post.

I have one video in the moodletutorials.org that I got in after many unsuccessful tries. I've been trying to get hold of "soccerguy" in many ways without success. If you click on his name in the forum here, he is "not a a member"!

One thing that has bothered me is that the help page is empty there. And on the first page it says :

High Resolution Tutorials
Complete Dedication to Moodle
Faster Video Uploads
Ability to Get .swf Directly Published smile

I have several tutorials made with Wink in SWF format. But when I try to upload them they don't work. I have tried converting to WMV (which YouTube accepts) but that didn't work either. I don't remember what format that did work when I uploaded the one that is there. (The thumbnail for it looks like it was regurgitated by a goat, for some reason and I know no way to change it.) On your site (which does seem to have a similar "feel") there is a help page saying :

D-Tube Supports these video formats:
  • Flash Video - FLV
  • QuickTime Video - MOV
  • QuickTime MPEG4 - MP4
  • Windows MPEG - MPG or MPEG

The best format to use is Flash Video - FLV. If your computer editing software allows you to export with this format, we recommend using it. Sometimes, for whatever reason, your video may not be encoded properly by D-Tube. If this is the case, we delete the file. So if your video doesn't appear, it most likely didn't get encoded properly by D-Tube.

Hopefully the same is true for Moodletutorials.org, which is useful to know.