Question about hidden assignments

Question about hidden assignments

by John Isner -
Number of replies: 2
If I am a Course creator, I am automatically assigned the role of Teacher in courses that I create. Suppose I want the assignment to be hidden? The only way I know how to do this is for the Administrator to unassign me as Teacher, then re-assign me with the "hidden assignment" box checked. I cannot do it myself. That is to say, I can only do it half way. I can unassign myself because (as Teacher) I am allowed to "Unassign own roles" but I cannot re-assign myself unless Teacher is allowed to assign Teacher in the Allow role assignments table, which is not normally the case. So I need to get the Administrator involved.

Anyway, once the Administrator has re-assigned me, the "eye" shows up next to my name in the Participants list, and I (as Teacher) can now freely un-hide or re-hide myself.

It seems to me that the "eye" should routinely appear in the Participants list for anyone who is allowed to "View hidden role assignments." Either that, or there should be a capability "Hide own role assignments" that controls whether the eye appears.

Comments? Did I miss something? Or should I enter a tracker issue?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Isner

Re: Question about hidden assignments

by Ray Lawrence -
I don't think so. Go for it.

Even better if this could somehow allow the primary admin's global (or system in 1.8.4) assignment to be hidden too.
In reply to Ray Lawrence

Re: Question about hidden assignments

by John Isner -
Hi Ray, I added MDL-13042. I'm not sure what you mean about the admin's assignment. If the Admin creates a course, he is not automatically assigned a role within a course. So which assignment do you want to hide?